Saturday, April 21, 2018

Finding the One: Knowing When You've Found the Dress for You

At some point, every bride who is looking for their perfect wedding gown asks the question, “How will I know when it is ‘the one?’” Imagine, you’re standing there in front of the mirror with your family and friends behind you. You feel a wave of emotion come over you making you feel as if this is the one you’ve been searching for all these months. Suddenly, you’re forced to make a decision. 


You begin the following process:
  1. I look stunning! This is it! I’ve found ‘the one!’
  2. Okay, I look pretty, but is it fitting in all the right places? 
  3. Wait, what does everyone else think? Do they like it? Do I care if they like it?
  4. I don’t know. It doesn’t feel right, and now that I look at it, I don’t think it looks so great in my hip area.
  5. What am I doing? There’s no way this is the dress! 
  6. Great. I’ve already tried on 50 dresses and just when I thought I’d found ‘the one,’ I realize it’s not. Back to the drawing board.

Don’t let yourself get caught in this downward spiral of a thought process. Every bride is going to have doubts...at first, but don’t let those doubts lead to complete despair, sadness or downright sabotage. Your mind can play tricks on you...don’t let it! 

One bride who bought her dress from The White Dress Boutique stated, “I knew the moment I slipped into the dress, in the dressing room, this was the dress for me. It fit me perfectly, and it wasn’t too over-the-top, which is exactly what I was looking for. I loved my dress, and I knew everyone else would, too.” 

To keep from doubting yourself during your wedding dress shopping experience, remember these few things:
  • Finding the Right Fit: The sample dress you try on in the store may not be your exact size. Depending on how it fits, the consultant will make sure to use the proper materials to make sure what you see in the mirror is as close to what your real dress will look and feel like. If the sample size is too big, consultants will often use dress clips to bring in the extra fabric. If the sample size is too small, the consultant will use an additional piece of fabric to close specific areas that cannot zip and/or tie. The key takeaway is don’t let the sample size in the store dictate whether or not this could be your dress. 
  • Don’t Let Others Dictate Your Feelings: This one is a biggie. No matter how many people you bring with you to your appointment, each will have their own opinions. Naturally, you brought them because you want to hear their thoughts, right? Well, this could also backfire on you if you’re not careful. If you feel you’ve found your dress, don’t let the opinions of others cause you to think twice. You didn’t let them dissuade you from dating and ultimately saying “I do” to your partner, did you? Again, don’t let them do the same to your wedding dress. 
  • Trust your Gut: You knew your partner was ‘the one’ when you said, “I do,” right? Picking your ideal wedding dress should be no different! If it looks and feels right, and your smile is extending ear to ear, trust your gut...you’ve found your dress!


If you’re ready to begin (or continue) your wedding dress shopping experience, come by The White Dress Boutique and let us help you find ‘The One.’ Call us today to make an appointment or stop in! Let us add our special touch to your special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment